With Valentine’s Day fast approaching, I am gathering up all of our craft supplies, finding some great projects, and crafting with the kids! My daughter loves to give Valentines to all of her grandparents, her Dad and step-mother, myself and Jay, her little brother, and just about anyone else that she can think of to make one for. She has also decided that she wants to make her Valentines for her class as well. PLUS we like to decorate the house to get everyone in the holiday spirit.
Here are some of the great projects that we are gearing up to get making this week! I hope you enjoy them as well
- I have been a fan of Freckles Crafts for almost two years now, and I love that Rebecca frequently posts craft tutorials on her blog. I saw this one last week, and I just knew that it would be perfect for V to make and hand out to her classmates!
- Another website I frequently visit for their awesome crafts is Kiboomu! I found this one today on Twitter and I am hoping to have time to run to the store this week to pick up all the supplies. I have never made soap before, but it looks pretty easy.
Valentine’s Day Bathtub Soap Heart Crayon Recipe
- There are very few facebook pages and websites that I frequently stalk, but Mommy Perks is one of them. Shara is always posting articles that interest me (about everything from SEO and small business to new soup recipes, crafts, and more) and she never fails to have great kid-related posts for each holiday. As anyone with little kids can tell you, broken crayons is just an inescapable part of life. These heart shaped crayons are perfect for Valentines Day!
- These cards are super cute to make for grandparents, parents and siblings!
- Heart in Hand Valentines Card
- Pop-Up Card (I used to make these as a kid! Did you?)
- Sponge Heart Card
- Family Fun craft projects are always one of my go-to’s when I need inspiration and ideas. They have a great selection of Valentine’s Day crafts that all look amazing – I know we will making a few from here for sure!
I love to decorate for all holidays. Combine that with my love of pink and you can only image what my house looks like during the month of February! We like to make our decorations and all colors of hearts are a favorite here!
- I find the easiest way to make our hearts is to fold the construction paper in half and cut half a heart out, making sure that I start and end on the folded edge. This way, when you open your paper back up you have a perfectly even heart! My daughter loves helping me make these – but she prefers that I cut them out and she decorates them further by adding glitter, feathers and even gluing them to doilies.
I have been searching for some new decorations to make this year, and found some that look great.
- Remember those old, broken crayons? Here is another great use for them!
- This garland is fun and festive!
We are going to have a pretty busy week from the looks of this list!
Do you have any special crafts, valentines or decorations that you like to make with (or without) your kids each year? I’d love to hear about them!