I realized lately that part of my journey to getting healthy is mental. It is not just about eating better, and working out, but about having a positive attitude, being calmer, clearheaded, and most importantly – being thankful for the small blessings that I have in my life each day.
A few months ago, I wrote a 2 minute thankful list, and found that it was very therapeutic. I have been doing this semi-regularly in my diary, and I thought it was about time that I did it again on the blog (Truth be told, my list is more like a 5 minute list, but I am still calling it my 2 minute list.)
- My Kids – I love my kids with my entire being. There is nothing that I wouldn’t do for them, and I feel beyond blessed every single day that I was picked to be their mother. I am always working to become a better mom for them, and it is amazing to me how they have changed my life for the better.
- My Memories – This is kind of a weird one I feel like, but I am so thankful for my memories. My memories of my dad, of my childhood, the awesome times that I have spent with my kids, the journey that I have taken in my life … all of it. There are times that I get lost in the memories, and it is amazing to be able to tell my kids about when I was a little girl, and to share that part of my life with them. I am very thankful for the good memories that I have of those that have passed, and for the memories that I am still making with my family.
- Health – We, as a family, had a rough go of it health wise at the end of 2012. V was diagnosed with Limes Disease, I struggled with my soy allergy, and we were all sick with the flu, stomach bug and more. And that isn’t even when I take into consideration the health issues my extended family had! At this point in time, we are all on the mend and getting healthier, and for that I am very thankful.
- Our Pets – My animals ground me. They are very calming for me to be around, and they are a great reminder to love unconditionally. They don’t get mad or angry, they don’t do things to be spiteful, they just love you.
- Victoria’s Secret PJ Pants – Okay, I know this is probably a very silly thing to be thankful for, but I am. I am tall, and I have a very hard time finding comfortable pants that go past my ankles! And I love the comfy (long!) ones from Victoria’s Secret