My daughter loves to create anything. She is one crafty little lady! I am always on the hunt for new projects to do with her, and I was pleasantly surprised when my Gramma came over today and whipped a craft project out of her bag.
As a child, my Gramma was the go to gal when you wanted to do something crafty, so it was a lot of fun for me today to see her teaching my kids a new craft. I had to help E – he was a bit to little do it all by himself, but V caught on right away and made three bracelets before I knew what was going on!
These are the cutest bracelets! They would make perfect friendship bracelets, or you could make them longer for an anklet or necklace.
What you Need:
- Different colors of embroidery thread
- Safety pin
- Pick out the colors of embroidery thread that you want to use. You want to use at least three strands, but you can use more depending on how thick you would like to make it. Cut even pieces of all colors – they should be twice as long as what will fit around your wrist.
- Tie the strings together leaving about an inch at the top. Thread the safety pin through the knot and pin it to your sock.
- Now the fun part – TWIST! You need to twist your string all the way down to the end. You don’t want it to be too loose or it wont hold together. But keep in mind that the tighter that you twist the thinner your finished product will be. This takes a bit of experimenting to get the perfect twist for what you like
- Once it is fully twisted, you are going to find the center of the string and fold it over. It will automatically twist itself together.
- Unpin your bracelet, and tie a new knot combining all the ends together.
- Open the loop in the end and slip the knot through to hold it in place.
- Your bracelet is all set!
- Repeat and Share