Brussels Sprouts with Cider Glaze
Take a step away from green beans or other typical Thanksgiving side dish recipes and try Brussels sprouts this year. This side is dairy-free and can be vegetarian if you leave out the bacon. It’s packed with flavors of the fall, thanks to the apple cider glaze and sweet red onion.
What You Need
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed, halved
- 3/4 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- COOK bacon in large skillet until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard all but 1 tbsp. drippings from skillet.
- ADD butter, onions and Brussels sprouts to drippings in skillet; cook and stir on medium-high heat 1 to 2 min. or until Brussels sprouts are lightly browned. Mix next 5 ingredients; pour over sprouts. Cook 5 min. or until liquid is evaporated and sprouts are evenly glazed, stirring occasionally. Stir in bacon.
- SPOON sprouts into bowl. Top with nuts.