Make-Ahead Citrus-Ricotta Starter
This creamy spread is a perfect appetizer because you can make it ahead and pull it out of the fridge while guests are waiting for dinner to be ready. The sweet flavors of honey and figs are nicely offset by the basil and lemon zest, and everything blends together to make the perfect bite-sized snack.
What You Need
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dried figs, divided
- 2 tbsp. thin fresh basil strips, divided
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tsp. honey
- COMBINE cheese, 2 tbsp. figs, 1 tbsp. basil, zest and dash pepper. Spread into 6- to 7-inch circle on serving plate.
- TOP with remaining figs, basil, pepper and honey.
- SERVE with crackers.