One of my favorite things about fall is pumpkins… specifically pumpkin seeds. I love them, and we always buy a few extra pumpkins to carve just so I can roast the seeds.
While I tend to be a bit of a “traditionalist” when it comes to my seeds (just tossing them with a bit of olive oil, salt and garlic powder), I am excited to try some new seasonings – and recipes – this year and branch out a bit!
Basic Oven Roasted Pumpkin Seed Recipe
Rinse pumpkin seeds. Get all pumpkin “guts and slime” off of seeds. Pat dry.
Place seeds on baking (cookie) sheet. Toss seeds with just enough olive oil to coat. Sprinkle with salt and garlic powder. Bake at 350 degrees, for 20-30 minutes, stirring once or twice during baking, until golden and crispy.
Here are some fun variations to try:
- Microwave Pumpkin Seeds
- Skillet Toasted Seeds
- Toasted Pumpkin Seeds Three Ways (the Black Tea and Butter seeds sound delicious!)
- Sweet and Salty Seeds
- Garlic Pumpkin Seeds
- Chili Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Pumpkin No-Bake Energy Bites
- Pumpkin Seed Guacamole
- Everything Cookies
- Autumn Trail Mix
- Pumpkin Seed Pesto
- Spiced Dark Chocolate & Pumpkin Seed Bark with Sea Salt
- Cinnamon-Sugar Pumpkin Seeds
- Candied Pumpkin Seeds
- Taco Pumpkin Seeds
- Pumpkin Seed Brittle
- Sugar and Spice Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Pumpkin Seed Crusted Chicken
- Chicken in Green Pumpkin Seed Sauce
- Curried Pumpkin Seeds
- Pumpkin Seed Spaetzle
- Caramelized Pumpkin Seeds
- This site has tons of Pumpkin Seed Recipes - the Pumpkin Seed Meal Bars look awesome!
- Mexican Pumpkin Seeds
- Pumpkin Seed Crackers
- Pumpkin Seeds with a Twist
- Chili Roasted (Skillet) Pumpkin Seeds
- Pumpkin Seed Cheese
What is your favorite way to eat pumpkin seeds?