I have been very fitness focused as of the past year. I have been trying to workout more and watching what I eat. But I will admit, I go through phases and I get lazy. I slack a bit and then I feel like I’m starting over from scratch.
I am very fortunate to work people that are also health-conscious. Working with people that pay attention to what they are eating is a good motivator for me to do the same.
About Chobani Simply 100
That’s why we created Chobani Simply 100®, a range of delicious, naturally sweetened Greek Yogurt products full of flavor and satisfaction for 100 calories. Made with only natural, non-GMO ingredients, Chobani Simply 100® is an ally in your weight management journey by empowering you to reach your goals in the right way.
I decided to pick up a few flavors of Chobani (with the help of the kids of course) and we have been really enjoying giving them a try.
We also decided to each add something to our daily routines to get a little bit healthier.
Simple things — like taking an extra 100 steps a day, eating 100 less calories, adding some or in the kids case — choosing to play outside for 100 extra minutes a week instead of watching TV.
I decided to include a quick workout or activity that would burn 100 extra calories each day.
The first few days were rough … but I’ve been liking adding in the quick workout in the mornings before I start my day.
I have also been trying to be more consciously active during the day. It’s not always easy, so I figured I’d share a few of the things I’ve been doing.
- Park a Little Bit Farther Away from the door. This is something that I always try to do, even in bad weather. I try to park in the back of the parking lot so that I can get some extra steps in on the way into and out of the store.
- Take the Stairs When it’s an Option! Always, always, always take the stairs. I know. It sucks taking the stairs when you are with kids or carrying packages. But the slight inconvenience is outweighed by the health benefits.
- Get up and Move. I know that this one seems pretty obvious, and I usually only need to remind myself of this on the weekend. But really, get up and move around. I know that I enjoy being lazy on Sunday just as much as the next gal, and mid Netflix binge is not really when I want to get up and do anything. BUT I also don’t want a butt the size of Texas, so I in between shows I get up and move. I pick up some dirty laundry, do the dishes, do some sets of squats, or even just pace around the room for 5-10 minutes. Just get moving!
- Buy a pedometer. This one is slightly different from the other tips as it includes a bit of an upfront cost, but it is worth it. Setting daily goals for your steps can help motivate you to move more each day. And it can help you track your activity so you know what times of day you need to be more mindful about what you are doing.
- Add in a Quick 100 Calorie Burning Workout. There are some super easy workout moves that you can do, that will only minutes, and will burn an extra 100 calories! Ready for it? Just do 50 jumping jacks, 40 crunches, 30 burpees, 20 squats, and 10 push ups.
Hopefully this inspires you to get moving and burn an extra 100 calories a day!
What do you do each day to be more active??? Tell me in the comments!